PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
On behalf of Bishop Butler, thank you for your investment in our youth. The trip to South Africa this year was such a great success, it accomplished what it was set forth to do; and that is to expose our young people to missions at an early age. God moved and lives were changed. We saw our young people changed in such a short period of time. They will never forget this experience. We look forward to the next group of young people that will join us on our 2020 trip as we will go back to Jeffreys Bay, South Africa, July 19 – July 30, 2020.
The total cost for the mission trip per youth will be $3,000 (KBM covers 50% of the trip & the youth is responsible for 50%). The youth will only be responsible for $1,500. This includes roundtrip airfare, 8 nights’ accommodation at local UCSA campus, interim travel to final destination, breakfast, lunch, dinner, transportation while in SA, fun day activity. We will team up with local organizations called Joshua Project, Victory4All and others. Youth will have an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people in South Africa.
During our Mission we will be involved in the following works in the community:
- Local Organizations – Recycling Center, Victory4All, Joshua Project
- Give Back Projects – painting, building, gardens, feeding the poor
- Yard work and minor home repairs – whatever is needed
- Street Evangelism, kids/youth programs/ skits
- Church Services
- High school/ Primary Back to School Rally
Youth, we look forward to your participation in our 2020 Mission Trip. It is our sincere prayer that God will guide you as you prayerfully consider this opportunity to serve God and the people of Jeffreys Bay and the surrounding areas.
Below is a brief overview of KBM Youth Missions Initiative trip, an estimated daily schedule, mission trip application, and waiver. Spots for this mission will be considered on a first come bases. Your applications will be dated as they are received. Deadline to register with a deposit of $150 is due November 30, 2019. You will have an answer no later than December 20, 2019.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Call 248.353.3476 ext. 354 or email email@example.com
South Africa – Jeffrey’s Bay, South Africa
Date of Trip: July 19 - July 30, 2020
Cost: $3000 – Youth responsible $1,500 Includes: Air ticket, Ground Transportation, Travel Insurance, Accommodation, Food (3 Meals a day, bottled water, snacks), Project, Fun Day
Requirements for youth
- Youth must be between the ages of 15-18 years of age
- Cost to youth $1,500 Deposit of $150 due 11/01/2019 plus passport, luggage fee and spending money (payment plan available, all monies due May 1, 2020) Only pay deposit when ready to start application process
- Make payment deadlines
- Complete application process (Available in hard copy)
- Complete Interview process (Will receive an email with interview date)
- Complete Waiver (Will be mailed to you)
- Immunizations – Immunizations are a requirement to attend this trip to South Africa. See your Physician regarding immunization from the CDC. Submit a copy of immunizations record
- Travel documents – KBM YMI Office need a copy of all documents
- A valid passport is needed to travel to South Africa
- Youth Original Birth certificate
- Notarized note (download form) from both parents giving permission for youth to travel with KBM YMI Evangelist Mabel Boshoff & Chaperone’s (Only notarize after April 19, 2020, Note due May 1)
- Copy of both parent’s passport or birth certificate and photo I.D.
- Where applicable, a court order granting full parental responsibilities and rights or legal guardianship in respect of the child, if he or she is the parent or legal guardian of the child; or
- Where applicable, a death certificate of the other parent registered as a parent of the child on the birth certificate,
- Youth must be active in the Youth Ministry
- Youth must have grades GPA 3.0 or higher – Copy of report card (Mail in a copy to address below)
- Recommendation letters – Youth Pastor, School, Parent (Mail in a copy to address below)
- Youth write a one page double spaced letter addressed to the missions board answering this Question: Why should you be selected to attend this missions trip?
Essay needs to be ready for upload when applying otherwise application cannot be completed
- Youth need to be familiar at airport, when we return back to ATL all youth go to their own gate to travel back to their home town
Mail a copy of documents (please do not mail the original) to KBM Youth Missions, Evangelist Boshoff, 20000 W. Nine Mile Rd., Southfield, MI 48075
KBM Youth Missions
20000 W. Nine Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075